Never been to a community garden? Always wondered what goes on?
Yearning to grow food but no opportunity to do it or don’t know how?
Satisfy your curiosity by popping along to the West Brunswick Community Garden & Food Forest for tour, a chat and a cuppa.
We’ll give you the low down on how this particular urban ag gem works and let you know how you can get involved.
Nothing fancy, just a stroll and a chat and a cuppa.
How to find us…
You will find the garden located behind Moreland Community Child Care Co-op in Dunstan Reserve, West Brunswick, it is right beside the Food Forest.
Moreland Community Gardening
We're just a group of local people interested in gardening and our community.
Some of us have our own gardens, others are not so lucky but we share the belief that community gardening can provide a terrific focal point for people, something that will draw people out and get them involved.
Here are 5 reasons we think it's worth getting more community gardening happening:
1. Gardening can help bring the Moreland community together
2. To retain and enhance Moreland's character and horticultural knowledge
3. To enhance physical and mental health and well-being
4. To encourage people to work towards a sustainable future
5. To make good use of some of Moreland's community owned public space
No need to book, just turn up!
Visited 1391 times, 2 Visits today