Melbourne Farmers’ Markets will host a Fair Food Forum at our Carlton Farmers’ Market on Saturday 18 October.
We’ve a got a cook-off between Joshua Pelham, 2014 Young Chef of the Year joint-winner from Estells and Vanessa Mateus, 2014 Young Chef of the Year nominee from Pope Joan, 8-10am, hosted by Hilary McNevin, judging by Jane Willson.
It’ll be a ripsnorter!
Then our Fair Food Forum … with an eye on Victoria’s forthcoming elections, we’ve invited local politicians to speak on agriculture, food security and a local food act. This is a prime opportunity to ask candidates where they stand on these subjects and more.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Ellen Sandell, Australian Greens for Melbourne;
- Jennifer Kanis, Australian Labor Party for Melbourne;
- Peter Allan, independent for Northern Metropolitan;
- Tiffany Harrison, Save the Planet for Northern Metropolitan; and
- Nick Rose, Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance.
Melbourne Farmers' Markets
18 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford
Melbourne Farmers’ Markets (MFM) is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to Victorian food and producers, regional food cultures, seasonal produce, biodiversity, sustainable farming practices and the strengthening of relationships between the consumer and the producer.
No bookings required
Visited 3740 times, 2 Visits today