Fair food practices are alive and well in Sunbury, with O’Shanassy st foodies committed to sourcing local and sustainable produce to serve to their customers. Join us for a progressive dinner to sample some of the delicious fare on offer, on Saturday 18th October, during the national Fair Food Week celebrations.
Starting at The Happy Olive Tree, for entrees and a complimentary glass of wine, we wander up O’Shanassy Street past the herb and veggie growing beds, to visit ‘Restaurant 77’, ‘Vics Food and Wine’, and ‘Roquette’ for the main courses and finish with fair trade coffee and dessert at Just Planet.
Along the way you will hear from the people behind the dishes on offer, the stories around the fair food practices they are currently involved in, and their plans for the future of sustainable produce. Vegetarian, gluten free and vegan options are catered for, just let us know when you book!
Fair Food Sunbury
Macedon St, Sunbury
0448 656 680
Fair Food Sunbury is supported by Sunbury Community Health, Healthy Together Hume and local Fair Food Business', organisations and community members who have a passion for access to good, local, tasty food for our community !
The aims of the group are:
- To develop a culture of growing and sharing food, supporting local farmers and producers in order to provide for ourselves and our community, now and for our kids in the future.
- To partner with local residents, indigenous elders, schools, churches, businesses and other community groups to share knowledge on growing and cooking healthy food.
- To care for the shared spaces in our community, and plant edibles wherever we can.
- To network with fair food groups locally and globally.
- To be inclusive, welcoming and always open to new ideas and to be transparent and accountable to our community.
- To have fun and create opportunities for storytelling and social gatherings in public spaces in Sunbury to represent the diversity we have in our community.
- To protect and care for our environment by using sustainable and organic processes.
To learn more contact the organiser.
We are accepting bookings via Eventbrite. Please email organisor if you are having difficulties AND if you have dietary requirements.
Visited 2227 times, 1 Visit today