Launch of Organic & Sustainable Market at its new location @ the South Australian Government’s flagship Bowden development.
Special Guest speakers:
- Hon Michael Atkinson MP, local Member for Croydon
- Hon Leon Bignell MP, Minister for Agriculture, Food & Fisheries
- Catherine Barnett, Chief Executive Officer, Food South Australia
- Kirsten Alexander, Mayor, City of Charles Sturt
Other special guests:
- Celebrity Chefs Simon Bryant and Chris Jarmer – getting organic in the kitchen!
- Hon Paul Caica MP, Member for Colton
- NASAA Certified Organic, Sachin Ayachit – NCO Certification Manager
- South Australian organic/biodynamic farmers and producers
MC for the day – Amanda Daniel, Food Consultant
Entertainment by Matt Ivo, Acoustic guitarist, singer/ songwriter
9.00am – Market opens
9.30-11am – Cooking demos with Chefs Simon Bryant and Chris Jarmer
11.15-11.45 – Special guest speakers
1.00pm – Market closes
GM Freeze in Australia & New Zealand also hosting the Adelaide Launch of “Right to Know” GM-Free Products List” at the event. Also a Fair food Week Event.
- There will be lots of affordable certified organic/biodyamic produce and groceries, eco friendly, handmade & sustainable fair trade gifts, personal care & househould products, organic gardening seeds, seedlings and supplies! Lots of healthy food on offer.
- Come along and meet the certified organic/ biodynamic farmers who support the Organic & Sustainable Market and many stallholders committed to eco-friendly, sustainable and fair trade products.
- One-stop Fair Food Weekshopping experience
- Become a member, join the organic lifestyle community
Organic & Sustainable Market
Plant One, Fifth Street, Bowden
The Organic & Sustainable Market is South Australia's first certified organic market (with NASAA Certified Organic). We are also proud members of the Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance. The market is unique as it has a strong commitment to ensuring that all food/ food products and ready-made foods sold (except fish and salt) are certified organic/ biodynamic/ in-conversion or made from certified organic/biodynamic ingredients. At times pre-certified organic/biodynamic products will also be sold to support growers/ producers currently undergoing a long and stringent organic/biodynamic certification process.
The market aims to provide a one-stop shopping experience where customers can shop for all their certified organic/biodynamic produce, honey, dry goods, wine, olive oil, meat, wine, ready-made foods and much more. It also has an array of eco-friendly, safety conscious, handmade, sustainable/ fair trade gifts, personal care and household products.
No bookings required
Visited 1715 times, 1 Visit today